Saturday, March 28, 2009

Coffee by Jahnjeer


One of my favorite parts of my day is when Jahnjeer brings me coffee and water in the morning.

Jahnjeer is from Bangladesh, he speaks four languages (including english), is smart as a whip and is such a wonderful human being with a kind heart. When he brings my coffee into my office in the morning, he teaches me something new every day. A greeting or word of the day a custom I don't quite grasp, really helpful.

As the day continues on he knows exactly when my coffee cup is empty and that I have two cups (I prefer Turkish but nescafe does quite nicely) I drink 4-6 cans of Canadian club soda, I love pumpkin seeds and pistachios and a wonderful cup of herbal tea in the afternoon around 1430.

He takes care of me...he reminds me when it is closing time (as the absent minded geek I am I always lose track of time and would most likely forget that the world exists outside of my office). He used to wait until I left for the day, however, he figured out that I really had no sense of time or when the work day was over when I kept going until 2000hrs.

He then realized that I was a "geek" and had absolutely no sense of time and he began to make a habit of coming in to remind me that the work day was over, I should go out and get a bit of sun and run my errands so that I could start the day fresh again tomorrow.

This man who is the "office boy" is a talented, multilingual, genuine gem who upon my arrival back from NYC along with the other special people in my world, will get a present of hugs and possibly other things from the opposite side of the globe...

From Dubai with love to all,

Susan

No comments: