Monday, January 23, 2012

新年快乐 Happy Chinese New Year 2012! Enter The Year Of The Dragon!....

I make it a point to incorporate many different "celebrations" into my life.  It's a part of Susan's Personal Nomadic Global Social Exploration Project.  (Sounds really fancy right?  Well, it actually not...LOL But it certainly was fun adding some fluffification to something so positively simple).


Why?  Many different reasons but primarily:  I believe that with knowledge, patience and understanding the world petrie dish might actually learn to listen instead of react.  If we proactively listen maybe we will learn to behave better on the world stage than the local kindergartners. So in my little petrie dish, I strive to learn about cultures, celebrations and people to engage and understand them. Which produces the desired effect (in my little petrie world) Respect, Tolerance, Kindness and creates a common ground in which we can begin to engage and push a mutually beneficial agenda (with appropriately managed expectations) providing for our growth forward instead of stalling it.  


I know you want to say it....Go ahead...I'm coming to terms with my "HippieDom" LOL  If you must label it, to make yourself feel better, please go ahead.


What in the world does this have to do with Chinese New Years Anyway?


One of the most important Chinese New Year customs (which I have failed miserably at for many years now to observe) is: 


Cleaning the house from top to bottom.  It is meant to clean all the "bad luck" that you gathered in the previous year. 

Quite frankly, I don't want ANY FORM of bad luck from my prior year (or all of my years) to carry into the New Year... My shoulders ache from the burden I've been carrying around.  I'd prefer a nice fresh start and a little yoga to stretch out those well worn and sore shoulders :D


So in Susan's petrie dish: Cleaning house means I've been going through hard disks, multiple journals (AKA random scraps of paper, actual journals, electronic entries of randomness) I have been barfing out all around the globe in one fashion or another since around 1987...

Cleaning out my mental house, organizing it and trying to make sense of all of it...

I've cleaned, now I'm digesting....Interesting food for thought...

Always learning and stretching...It's going to be an interesting 15 days of Celebrating Chinese New Years Susan Style...

Virtual Vomit On Boarding...

Wishing peace for all.


1 comment:

The Nomadic Adventures: I am a traveler, a seeker of truth, all through a series of life enriching trials and experiences... said...

Thank you for your comments :D I will have to blog about how wonderful it is to have a teenager from Malaysia reading my blog! Happy Tuesday!