Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time For Me To Fly...


When I was a kid, I would pretend I could spread my wings and fly (Like Isis or Wonder Woman) to places I've never been.  I was never content to watch it on television or read it in a book.  I wanted to do it ;)  I still want to just do it... I have so much on my "bucket list" still left to explore and share in my life.

Although my container is a bit older and worn, I'm still that same kid.... With a glimmer in my eye, a giggle in my heart and the curiosity of a cumulative population of kindergarteners in a small country. 

I've been in this sort of ...."holding pattern" for a while now.

Not of my own accord for a majority of it...Waiting for others to give me "permission" to take off and fly again.   But, in a sense that is of my own accord, because I listened.  (It was a really wise decision for the majority of it).

However, the thoughts in my head continually echo the words of wisdom from another curious individual whose "escapades" in books have inspired my thinking for years.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

So it's the 12th.... The variable inputs closed on the 1st (until this version has been thoroughly tested and ready for retooling) I gave myself until the 30th to plan.  Major execution begins sometime before or around then. I've already begun executing the smaller already well designed pieces.  It's the base jumping kind that still are in plan phase.  

Its really a relief to have an unfettered head and a completely open heart.  It's refreshing to freely be able to dedicate myself to the things that matter most to me in my life.  Life is good, I'm breathing, have all my fingers and toes, two healthy, happy exquisite Harrdegau creatures, amazing friends and an entire adventure ahead of me.... whatever it brings, I'm rolling with the changes ;)

I had totally forgotten (maybe repressed) an entire block of music from my life between the ages of 10-15 until couple of friends posted a few songs for me.  Kind of like Invictus this stuff means so many other things to me now than it did then.  Though, I am still haunted with memories of dancing around my friend Cindy's living room and getting busted by her mom for using the "Hi-Fi" turntable and blasting the speakers to Journey... LOL   Too much fun.




Last thought on that note.  I'm really really REALLY excited to see one of my oldest childhood friends soon. (Escapades to follow) She's one of those friends where we don't speak for eons because we have "real" lives... and we call and it is like no time has passed.  

I'll never forget walking off a plane in Miami... I'd been through an earthquake & a few other things and lost everything, she had been through 2 hurricanes (rode one out in a bathroom with her mom and somehow made it with only the bathroom & the roof above it still existing when the force stopped then moved back to Miami and had it all ripped away again...) both poor as crap college students and I finally made it (lots of hours waitressing, cleaning houses & studying)  to see her over spring break... and it was like we never left each others side.  We laughed, danced, stripped into and swam in the ocean at midnight and lived life large with nothing.  

Life is a journey and it is so much fun when you have awesome friends to share the ride with along the way.  It's time.... For me to fly.


No comments: