Monday, December 6, 2010

What is really logical anyway? Other strangely thought provoking conversations...

As the obvious alchemy continues to rain down into my world (that is a positive thing not negative) and as the patterns emerge I see a common conversation continuing to surface in my head.  


Let me back up for a moment and explain: I met this gentleman (and yes, an actual gentleman) by random coincidence through a friend of mine. He had come to pick up my companion for the week....a fluffy little ball of barkie spunky love of a Maltese whom I adore to no end (that said I like almost any animal but especially loving ones).  He had come to take Mr. Fluffy to his house to watch for me while I went on travel. 


You see I didn't really want to leave my fabulous sun room, fluff ball of a friend and embark on an adventure, I was quite content working in the silence of the empty house with the ball of love at my side.  However, I had triple pinkie swore to do two things and I had already been delayed by 4 days do to other overwhelmingly emergent "stuff"!  


Just to note when/if I ever  triple pinkie swear it is serious business.  (I don't do crossie's or backsie's EVER) I would rather die trying than not give it everything I have.  Most serious of any type of commitment I will enter a contract about.  Kind of like having to see the family Vastu for a reading in India before signing a deal....I digress (a whole story for that one...remind me some day).


Just ask my kids.  Their father thinks that "pinkie swearing doesn't count" you just promise.  Nothing bad on his part (he's just very black and white) but for me a promise is a word and yes you promise with the word and you seal it with an action of trust a triple pinkie swear.  When I promise: I promise to do the best I can at making it happen and managing expectations if for some un foreseen reason I can not complete what I had said what I would do.  Now that said:  If I promise with a pinkie swear...watch out world...I'll be damned if something is going to get in my way to completion. 


So I triple pinkie swore I would help one of the most giving kind amazing women I have met in my lifetime move into her new place.  (I still am very excited for her as I sit here typing after finally finishing the computer re engineering in her new place.  She finally bought a place of her own.  I am thrilled beyond belief to have the opportunity to be a part of such a joyful occasion.  So I was 4 days late due to circumstances beyond my wildest imagination.  I never in my life would have thought my week would go as oddly as it did. 


I was able through friends to maintain my triple pinkie swear.  How from 5 hours North?  I called in my personal Calvary.  Without my personal Calvary I would not continue to exist on this planet.


So a huge shout out to the following members of my personal Calvary:  GC, JST, MK, G&PL, RIL, C, BRB, JMT, CA (too many to list if I don't do your initials you know you are loved I just have to get back to unpacking :) and my virtual cheering squad. As always I must thank you for your unwavering friendship and pinkie swearing commitment  from infinity in the universe.  


Now this was supposed to be about an entirely different subject but I need to get back to unpacking for my wonderful friend.


So just a thought until later regarding the next extended topic:


So the gentleman and I had a two and a half hour long discussion on "what really is reality or is this reality or are we just dreaming"


Which reminded me of one of my favorite songs in which I completely identified with the lyrics while "illegally" listening to them on my sister's 8 track tape Hi Fi Stereo of which I was NEVER allowed to breath on let alone touch!  Good thing she liked to go to the library :D


Well since I've outed myself for my serious indiscretions of violating her forbidden property, I suppose I won't be receiving a holiday card with the obligatory family picture and associated updates this year.....Oh well then, less tree's killed, less recycling it will all work out in the end :D 






The Logical Song lyrics
Songwriters: Davies, R; Hodgson, R;

When I was young
It seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees
Well they'd be singing so happily
Joyfully, playfully watching me

But then they send me away
To teach me how to be sensible
Logical, responsible, practical
And then they showed me a world
Where I could be so dependable
Clinical, intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am


I say, "Now what would you say for they calling you a radical
Liberal, fanatical, criminal?"
Won't you sign up your name? We'd like to feel you're
Acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable
Oh, ch-ch-check it out yeah

At night when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am
Who I am, who I am, who I am

'Coz I'm feeling so illogical
D-d-digital
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Unbelievable
B-b-bloody marvelous




No comments: